Anim Gr


19 AUGUST 2010


On 23 August. BJ Isaacs writes:

Two of my three intakes were HW positive, so off to the vet they went this morning for treatment. Ceelee was high HW positive so please send her good thoughts, and Raisin too, of course! Both are just too adorable. Dr. Jim & I spoke about their treatment and he began them on antibiotics & an anti-inflammatory. He was going to administer the first shot this morning. I called and checked on this about 4:30 p.m. and they were doing well.

25 August:

Okay everyone, my babies are home now. They have had their HW treatment. Raisin & Ceelee are doing well. They told me that Ceelee threw up some yesterday and I am to keep a close eye on her today, just in case.


Photos at vet office courtesy of Dinah Martin

Brenda at the vet with Ceelee

20 September

Ceelee hasn't been eating, yesterday was the third day. On Thursday, I took her to the vet; left lung still wasn't real clear, but she seemed okay. Gave her a vitamin tab to take and off we went. He said we would wait for blood test, she had lost gtwo pounds from when she had her treatment. She had been eating; not a whole, but she was eating.


Yesterday (Sunday) she just "right", not eating at all, but drinking. I gave her everything I could think of to eat, called Peggy for suggestions for food enticement. Nothing worked. Around 10:50 p.m. I heard her just start to move around, very restless, I checked on her and I knew that if I didn't take her to the vet now, she might not be around in the morning. I just had this feeling that I had to go. So, off I go to the ER vet, I called them and told them what was going on and she said are you aware of our cost, I said, "Hell I'm a rescuer, I'm very aware of the cost".


Blood work & temperature; the whole time, I'm holding her, rocking her and telling her she needs to quit worrying the daylights outta me. By now, it's after 11:30 p.m. and I have to leave her. I kiss her and tell her I'll see her in the morning.


I was in such a hurry when I saw Ceelee in distress that I forgot to put Anya up - most everybody else was - so where I had been making INP blankets, the new pin cushion that I purchased last week was on the floor, pins on the floor and I almost just sat down and cried, saying "God, Anya, I hope and pray you didn't swallow any dang pins; that's all I need!" She's fine! I can't sleep, so I go back to making blankets and go to bed after 1:00 a.m.


Now, just as I a.m. typing this, the doctor calls me. Ceelee perked up around 4:00 a.m.; now she's blah again, hasn't eaten. She wants to do x-rays of Ceelee’s heart & lungs, I told her to go for it. I a.m. to call around noon today and see what the x-rays show. I'll let ya'll know once I know anything. Please remember our baby, I can still see her little face and I just don't know how to describe it.


These are from when she got her ultrasound/blood work from my regular vet. She received glucose/antibiotic and Doc said to take her to Advanced Animal Care for her 24/7 care.

She had to have it. Dinah, doc's wife sent me these pics.

Dinah Martin writes:

Brenda, Doc's been talking to AAC today about your precious baby girl. Sounds like she is making progress. You know we care and we believe you're getting the very best care and attention at AAC. Love, Dinah These pictures are so sweet.


Anim Anim Anim Anim Anim